since 1617 Our hotel
Our inn, Gasthof*** zum Stralz’n, was first mentioned as a tavern in the Admont municipality in1542 and was the first and only one of its kind in Öblarn. Formerly named "Engeltaferne" (Angel’s tavern), it was bought by Thomas Stralz in 1617, giving it its name "Gasthof*** zum Stralz’n". In 1787, the entire property, including the inn, was acquired by the merchant Franz Grogger and his wife Maria. On July 12, 1892,and our well-known regional writer and poet – Paula Grogger was born in our Gasthof*** zum Stralz’n (passed away January 1, 1984).
In 1959, Franz Schernthaner sen. (born in Salzburg), accompanied by his wife Hildegard (born in St.Marein/Mürztal), came to Öblarn on a business trip and they decided to buy the economically troubled Gasthof*** zum Stralz’n. They raised six children together (Franz, Gerhard, Annemarie, Peter, Waltraud und Silvia).
In 1984, Franz and Hildegard Schernthaner passed on the inn to their son Gerhard, who is now continuing to run the family business in the second generation. Karin and Gerhard have two children, Nadine and Michaela.